Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pop quiz

One of the below statements is a "stunning new position" that has Tim Naumetz breathlessly speculating that an election is imminent where it wasn't before. The other is the NDP's well-established position as stated by Thomas Mulcair a month ago. See if you can spot which is which.

Quote #1:
“If the budget includes the same type of blind, across-the-board corporate tax cut that the Conservatives have been doing in the past, it is highly unlikely that the NDP caucus would ever be able to support such a budget,” said Mr. Mulcair.
And Quote #2:
“I am one of 36 Members of Parliament in the NDP caucus, I am the finance critic but I will tell you that I would never recommend approving a budget that included the continuation of the blind, across the board tax cuts, that didn’t roll them back, and I know my caucus colleagues well enough to know that it would be highly unlikely that the NDP caucus would ever vote for such a budget,” Mr. Mulcair (said).

No comments:

Post a Comment