Wednesday, September 22, 2010

At long last, an introduction

For over five years I've kept this blog pseudonymous. And I'll stand by my argument that there's no reason why that should affect anybody's ability to enjoy or make use of the information on this or any other blog.

But of course, the pseudonymity has created some limitations on what I've been able to do in linking Accidental Deliberations to the rest of my persona. For example, I've avoided getting into the habit of pet blogging despite ample material to work with:


Now, thanks to an opportunity to participate in an interesting media project this week (more to come on that), I've been asked to put my name in the public domain. And so...

I'm Greg Fingas of Regina, Saskatchewan. I'm an associate at the Regina law firm of MLT, doing general litigation work and also specializing in information and privacy. Outside work, I keep busy with my involvement in the NDP provincially and federally as well as with the Saskatchewan Elocution and Debate Association. (Time for the mandatory disclaimer: this blog represents my opinion alone along with that of any guest contributors, and should not be taken as authorized by or representing the views of MLT, the NDP, SEDA or any other party.)

I'm blissfully married to Brandy, whose thoughtful organization and planning keeps the home fires burning even as she puts in tireless work in the non-profit sector. And the furry friends in the picture above are Wonder (until now the most-publicized member of our family) and Tigger.

I'll leave the post at that for now. Hopefully you'll enjoy the blog as it takes a turn for the more personal - and I'll look forward to being able to interact in new ways with readers and the political system at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment